Friday, September 24, 2010

Commit To Be Fit

Just the other day I was going through old facebook photos.....You know you do it too, just admit it.....along with googling yourself periodically. It's okay, we all do!

Anywho, I was having one of those dreaded "fat days". I've always been a yo-yo and fluctuated, but after college I hit rock bottom and knew I had to do something. I sucked it up and joined a gym and dedicated five days a week to working out. Everyone says you'll come to love it.....NEGATIVE! I will never, ever love it, but it does becomes addicting. It's easy to fall off the wagon and even harder to get back on. I guess knowing that from experience, that's what keeps me going.

After flipping through some of the old pictures I realized how far I've come in my horrific, never-ending, knockdown, dragout battle with weight loss. It's funny how you don't even notice a change in pictures or on a day-to-day basis. Also, it doesn't matter how many times someone tells you "you look great" until you realize it for yourself. I was shocked and proud of myself when I realized how far I've come.



Some of my friends have turned to me for motivation, so my goal is to blog about some challenges we all have when it comes to weight, as well as motivational tips to keep us all healthy and going. Now, your job is to hold me to it!


"Fitness - if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body."  ~Cher

1 comment:

Lenzi @ Homemade Happiness said...

It's unbelievable to see those pics side by side - you look amazing friend - and you're just as beautiful on the inside which makes all the difference!