Friday, October 15, 2010

Pet Peeves

By definition a pet peeve is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to him or her, to a greater degree than others may find it. Pet peeves often involve specific behaviors of someone close, such as a spouse or significant other. These behaviors may involve disrespect, manners, personal hygiene, relationships, and family issues. NOTE: Inspired by Matt Weeks facebook status

We all have them. Mine just happen to fall outside of the above definition.

 1. Family Stick Figures - the ones typically on the back window in minivans. Who decided it was necessary to display every member of your family including your pet turtle? Really? Is this even safe to list every ones name on the back of your minivan? Get excited, they now offer collegiate families, strange animals and a various assortment of outfits. You can even create your own, which is what we did (with the help of Robin).
STORY: Since Lenzi and I are world travelers together (mainly in the southern region of the U.S. but world sounds better), we couldn't help but feel the need to fit in with everyone else on the road and create on our sticker that was suitable to our adventures. Two girls, out on the town with drinks in hand. I wonder what the minivan driving moms have to say about that one?

2. Automatic paper towels and soap, not faucet - If you're going to have automatic paper towels dispenser and soap, why not splurge and get the automatic faucet? I then wouldn't stand there waiting for the water to come on for five minutes.

3. Nail clipping- This is worse than nails on a chalkboard for me....Hearing each individual clip, knowing nail particles are flying across the room and not knowing where they land.

4. Changing of ringtones in public - Please show some respect for the general public and go through the mass quantity of available ringtones in the privacy of your own home. We don't need to hear your endless possibilities.

5. It's you're, not your! I can't stand when people mis-use the contraction. You're = you are, your = possession people.....let's get it together!

6. Feet - I don't even like my own. Feet are ugly, gross, close to the ground picking up all kinds of germs and nastiness....they can be dressed up with nail polish, but don't think the germs were abolished. (haha, I rhymed!) Don't even think about putting your dirty feet on my pillow or any clean surface for that matter. I refuse to walk barefoot, even in my own house. I leave my slippers at the door to my carpeted room because it will bring the nastiness in and be ground into the carpet. I know I'm OCD, a weirdo, germaphobe or whatever you want to call it, but at least I admit it. Pedicures were the best invention until I realized I could spend that $30 more efficiently elsewhere....like on food or booze =) 
This is the least disgusting picture I could find!

Don't think this is the end of the list - it's just the beginning! I'm sure this is one blog post to be continued...

1 comment:

Lenzi @ Homemade Happiness said...

HAHAHA I love our bumper sticker!! And I love your description of your pet peeves - mainly because I can practically hear you bitching about them now.... :)