Thursday, February 24, 2011

Life Lessons

We all get those forwards you blaze through, barely read and immediately delete. I received one from a co-worker who rarely forwards, so I had a feeling it must be a good one. It was. Reading through these - actually reading them - it made me think how blessed I truly am. I have an amazing family, roof over my head, my health, a job (even if it isn't my dream job) and a life surrounded by great people. I wanted to share some of my favorite in hopes it provided you with some motivation or just liffted you up if you're having a bad day.

1. Life is too short to waste time hating someone.
2. Your job won't take care of you when you're sick. Your friends and family will. Stay in touch. (I wish I could broadcast this to everyone I work with)
3. Pay off your credit cards every month.
4. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile. (True!)
5. Make peace with your past so it doesn't screw up your future.
6. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
7. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
8. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
9. Over prepare, then go with the flow. (I'm an over planner, and this ain't easy!)
10. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple. (Doesn't stop me....GEAUX TIGERS!)
11. Frame every so-called disaster with these words "In five years, will this matter?" (Love it!)
12. What other people think of you is none of your business.
13. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. (live, laugh, love)
15. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now. (that's for you, Erin)
16. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
17. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift. (SO TRUE!)


Stay tuned for the rose ceremony post. It - of course - was the most dramatic rose ceremony ever, therefore, I'm having to refuel my energy to write up a post.

No comments: