Friday, May 6, 2011

Should I Stay or Should I Go

For those of you who don't already know, I accepted a new job! It was handsdown, one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. I'd say it made it in the top five - no, top three. Don't ask me what the other two are, I'm just assuming there are others out there.

I've never been one who liked people telling me what to do - that actually makes me do the opposite. But, in this rare instance, I was begging my parents to tell me what to do. I've never wanted them to be before, now I do and they say it's my decision. Really?!? We prayed about it, but I really just hoped God would drop a boulder in front of me with a post-it that said "stay" or "go". Unfortunately, this never happened, so the ball was in my court.

I have become so close with some of my current co-workers. They have taken me under their wing and become my Nashville family. They are some of the most amazing, thoughtful, caring and people I've met and I thank God everyday for bringing them into my life. We have learned, laughed and cried together. This is what made this decision so hard. Ultimately, I decided I can't let these three people be the reason I stay in a job I'm not satisfied with. One door may be closing and another opening, but those people brought into my life - no matter what side of the door they're on - will never be forgotten.

Ok. Down to the nitty gritty - I'll be working for a company based out of Memphis. No, I will not be moving. I'll be their Account Coordinator for one of their major accounts headquartered here in Nashville. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I can't help but wonder if I made the right decision, but I can't live with regrets so I just have to go for it. I never know where life may take me, the unknown is what scares the daylights out of me, but in the end, I know it will all work out.

I am extremely fortunate that I had to make a decision between two jobs, rather than be without one, but I am emotionally exhausted! This roller coaster/seesaw ride has just about done me in.

Moving forward, in the next couple of weeks I'll be in Memphis for training (where I'll be able to see my dear friend Lenzi and her family - so excited!). I'll be there for two weeks of training and the weekend in between I'll be traveling to Mississippi for my brother's college graduation. I can't believe he's graduating and going into the real world. This makes me feel old. Anyways, I just wanted to warm you I may be absent for a while, but will try and continue posting in the midst of the new, exciting yet scary changes I've made in this overserved life of mine.

I miss the days when my biggest decision was what I wanted to drink that night at the bar.
Cheers to new beginnings!


1 comment:

Lenzi @ Homemade Happiness said...

So so so happy I got to see you friend - the MExican might not have been the best idea, but i'll be in much better shape next time you return :) Love u!