Cutting 101 Lessons - or things I was corrected on time-and-time again:
- Where I set the knife - apparently it's a hazard to sit it on a pot
- How to wipe the blade - blade facing down and with your thumb and index finger
- To use your knuckles as guides - "where's your thumb?!? It's going to be cut off!"
- Keep your towel over your shoulder to wipe your hands - I just so happened to have a Jose Cuervo towel
- Glide the knife forward - DON'T use weight as force!
Overall, we decided we make such a good cooking team that we should have our own cooking show. Plot - our backs are facing each other, he's instructing me on what to do, I'm not listening or measuring and I make fun of him the whole time.