Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tweet, Tweet...

Not the social media outlet, but the noise an actual bird makes possibly while perched on a birdhouse.

A couple weeks ago, someone asked me to paint a birdhouse for a non-profit here in Nashville. It's a music school - W.O. Smith School of Music - that has a full staff of volunteers and they offer music lessons. Celebrities, locals and individuals in the community decorate birdhouses and they are auctioned off in March at the main event called Birdhouse Thing. If you know me, you know I LOVE to paint and do arts and crafts. That's pretty much what I did all day Saturday. I also got Matt to do one as well.

They aren't completed yet, but I will be posting pictures of the finished masterpieces. I will also be taking bets on who has the best birdhouse and how much money you think they'll go for it. If you're reading this - you've known me longer than him - vote for your oldest, bestest, most wonderful friend.

P.S. We also went to see the movie Green Hornet, which was hilarious. Superhero movies generally aren't my cup-of-tea, but this one was and I recommend it for guys and gals.

Stayed tuned for pics....

1 comment:

Lenzi @ Homemade Happiness said...

Can't wait to see the birdhouses friend!!