Monday, February 7, 2011

Live For Tomorrow

I know my posts seem to be sporadic and all over the place, but that's just how my mind works. You never know what you're going to get!

I received an email today from my dad. My pastor from the church I grew up in sends out "Life Apps" every Monday. It's a good, positive way to start the week. From time-to-time, my dad will forward them to me - usually when they apply to what I'm currently going through. The one I received today was just good advice all around, so I thought I'd share.


It's wise to prepare. The Word of God tells us repeatedly to prepare, to be ready. This is the truth that we must live by: The way we live today determines the way we live tomorrow. The decisions we make--both large and small--will affect our tomorrow and determine our future. How can we make right choices and wise decisions?

These are four truths that will make the difference in your life:
1) Obey the explicit prohibitions in God's Word. Those warnings are there for a reason.


2) Follow God's commands. God gives us positive commands which help us and the people around us. His commands show the way. Follow these and you experience what God intended.  Wrong choices today will harm your tomorrow.

3) Apply God's Word to your current situation. Scripture that is read and memorized must be applied. "Do unto others as you would have them do to you" means nothing unless I apply it to my wife, my children, my fellow workers, my friends, and my church.

4) Actively seek God's directions. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones" (Proverbs 3:5-8).
 
Disclosure: I'd like to clarify - I'm a lot like Gladys from The Ellen Show - I love Jesus, but I drink a little.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Jesus drank a lil too ;)

Lenzi @ Homemade Happiness said...

I second Robin's comment...and I'm still patiently waiting on the blog posts about your daily vitamin/vinegar routine.... :)