Tuesday, March 29, 2011

For The Win


All I do is win, win, win! That's right ladies and gentlemen - I won the Birdhouse Thing (between Matt and I)! My birdhouse went for $45 and his $35. I even had him take pictures so I could prove it. Not only were the birhouses incredible, but so was the food and drinks! Praline chicken tenders - need I say more? It was so much fun looking at other birdhouses and hearing them auction things off. While I spent my time at the bar - "talking to my friends that were bartenders", not for refills - Matt was stalking his birdhouse and pointing out to people passing by how he really liked that birdhouse (of course his).

These are some of the different ones we saw...
I LOVED the Cash one - it was on an old record. The white one is made out of paper and has a bunch of cool swirls, but the camera didn't capture it as well. We didn't get a picture of one that was stained glass and amazing - needless to say, it was one that went for $150.

It was a great fundraising event and we were so glad to be a part of it. As soon as Matt walked in he said we're definitely doing this next year. Also, we found out that you can build your own birdhouse and we're totally doing that next year. We've already begun brainstorming - watch out Nashville!

No comments: