Monday, May 2, 2011

Land of the Free, Home of the Brave

I was up until 1:00 AM the night they announced Bin Laden's death. No, I wasn't watching the news, history in the making or collecting the facts. I was on facebook and twitter collecting my favorite comments. In present day times, I'd rather get my news from status updates and twitter feeds. It's much happier.

I thought I'd share my top ten - in no particular order because I can't choose a favorite:

*It's going to be quite a shock when Bin Laden is greeted in his after life by 40 Virginians. He probably should have read that part twice.

*Obama's speech translated: me, me, me, me, me.

*Autopsy report confirms that Toby Keith's boot was, in fact, squarely lodged in Bin Laden's rectum.

*̶1̶.̶ ̶O̶s̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶B̶i̶n̶ ̶L̶a̶d̶e̶n̶ 2. Waldo 3. Carmen Sandiego

*Hey Osama! I hope your 40 virgins all have wieners.
*I bet Osama Bin Laden accidentally hit the "Add your location" button during his last tweet.

*Calling in sick because you lost your voice chanting USA at the bar on a Sunday.

*What didn't kill America made us stronger, and whoever killed bin Laden is about to make me wasted.

*Tonight, President Obama will announce that Clint Eastwood shot Osama Bin Laden.


Thank you to everyone in our military that put their lives on the line for us each and every day. Because of you, I can speak my mind and live in the greatest country ever! God Bless America!

1 comment:

Lenzi @ Homemade Happiness said...

So I fell asleep around, oh, 9pm on Sunday night...and woke up around 3am and thought I'd check my social networks since I'm highly addicted to them....I loved all the tweets and updates! My favorite was from a guy I used to work with... it was

"Will and Kate Must have have registered for this. Your welcome."

haha thought it was funny!