Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gaining Mom's Approval with Rosemary Bread (I Hope)

Since it's MLK day and I have an extended weekend, I'm headed to meet the parents - Matt's parents that is. Normally, someone in my shoes would be super duper nervous, but in my case I'm super duper pumped! His parents are absolutely adorable and I can't wait to meet them.

Let me give you some background info since I was MIA for so long....Matt and I started dating in October. You've seen him in earlier posts, one in particular which was the cooking 101. He's trying to teach me patience and how to cook. My mom caught word of this (via my blog) and had us the cutest chef coats monogrammed with our names on them. Side note: picture soon to come.....it's hard to get a good picture in them when it's just the two of us.

Anyways, we LOVE the coats and we told Matt's mom about them and she said she could see us now on the Food Network Cooking for Couples. Previously, I've mentioned we thought about having a show where we bickered and made cooking funny.....well, she came up with the name! As a gift for having me, I made Homemade Rosemary Bread and I'm bringing her olive oil. I made a Cooking for Couples label to go over the store olive oil label. I'm hoping to warm her heart and approval with not only my amazing cooking abilities, but also my sense of humor!

I promise it looks better in person....it looks like chicken here.

My mom taught me to NEVER show up to a party empty handed, but that also applies to anyone opening their home to you. 

Don't worry, I won't leave you hanging. Meet the Parents - Weeks Style - soon to come, following this weekend.....along with pictures!

2 comments:

Lenzi @ Homemade Happiness said...

I pretty muched loved every single thing about this post :)Aprons? Rosemary Bread? Cooking for Couples? I die!

Victoria @ From Bourbon to Esplanade said...

How exciting!! I hope it went well! And I want that bread recipe too. Yummm!